Hair loss can be a devastating experience for any woman. It’s not only emotionally challenging, it also changes how we look and feel. In this blog post, I will discuss scalp massage for hair growth as an effective treatment option to help you get your confidence back.
Do you struggle with bald spots or thinning hair? Scalp massage is one of the most effective treatments that help stimulate blood circulation in the scalp, promoting healthy hair growth by increasing oxygen supply to follicles. Massaging your head 2-3 times per week can increase blood flow and boost natural oils production on your scalp, essential for maintaining healthy-looking locks. You’ll notice thicker, fuller strands after just a few weeks of regular scalp massages.
Benefits of doing regular scalp massages
Do you feel like your hair has been lacking in shine and volume, or that it’s grown thin? If so, then you need to do a scalp massage. Scalp massages are excellent for improving circulation to the scalp, promoting the healthy growth of hair follicles, and can even reduce shedding by up to 30%. To do a scalp massage at home, all you’ll need is coconut oil. Warm some up between your hands before rubbing into the area where your curls start on top of your head. You should be able to feel an increase in blood flow almost immediately.
Massage Your Scalp for Healthy Hair
The scalp is an area that often goes overlooked when it comes to skincare. However, the health of your scalp can significantly affect how healthy and beautiful your hair looks. To improve the look, feel and growth of your hair, give yourself a regular scalp massage!
- First, use shampoo and conditioner on wet or dry hair to remove excess build-up from products or residue from styling products. Start by gently using fingertips to massage the front part of the head (from the forehead down). Then move over to temples, either side of neck, behind ears, nape of the neck, top back/hairline area.
- Prepare your environment by dimming the lights, turning on soothing music, and putting on soft clothing or a yoga mat with comfy pillows around it. Of course, you’ll want to be fully relaxed when you’re done, so take your time getting this ready!
- Find a comfortable position like lying down or sitting up straight in a chair while enjoying some tea or wine (if that’s what helps keep you calm!). Let yourself get into the mood and feel loose before starting anything too intense.
- Spend five minutes massaging your scalp in circular motions with both hands
- Use natural oils such as coconut oil or olive oil if desired
- Massage up from the forehead to the crown of the head and down from the top of the head towards the neckline.
Scalp massage is a great way to stimulate hair growth. It’s also an easy and relaxing spa treatment that you can do at home.